By accessing the YOOM website you hereby agree to be bound by our terms and conditions as set out below:
- Yoom is an online wellness, accommodation, event directory and booking site for wellness establishments and service providers within South Africa.
- Yoom acts as a booking agent and undertakes to promote and market establishments via the Yoom website and other marketing means with the sole purpose of obtaining bookings for the establishments and events.
- The Yoom website is owned and operated by Eternalweb (Registration number 2005/142652/23).
- All Database listings, data, information and computer systems operating on the website are the property of Yoom.
- The Transaction currency on Yoom is ZAR (South African Rand) and the merchant country is South Africa.
2. Terms between Yoom and Establishments and/or Suppliers
- Listing on Yoom as an event and establishment vendor is free.
- Commissions: 12% commission is payable to Yoom for any bookings generated via the Yoom’s website.
- Rates loaded on the Yoom website must include Yoom’s 12% commission.
- It is a prerequisite for all establishments listed with Yoom to have 24 hour access to emails.
- Establishments should reply to Yoom within 12 hours of receiving the enquiry. The submitted quotation is a legally binding offer. The quotation must include the deposit amount, quote validity period, terms of cancellation and refund policy.
- Listing on Yoom’s Wellness Directory cost R 119 per month.
- All application requests for listing on Yoom should be submitted electronically via the Yoom website.
- Establishment owners / authorized persons should first register as a user on Yoom before submitting the online application.
- All listings on Yoom are subject to the final approval by Yoom.
- Yoom reserves the right to decline any establishment / vendor listing request, without reason.
- All information supplied on Yoom should be an accurate portrayal of the nature of the accommodation facilities, amenities and services and no misrepresentative advertising will be permitted. All rates, current specials, photographs and information should be current and accurate and this information should be maintained by the establishment.
- If any information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Yoom has the right to terminate the listing.
- The establishment owners / authorized persons agree that any guest comments may be published on Yoom or in any printed / electronic advertising form. Yoom is not liable or responsible in any way for the verification or accuracy of any guest comments made.
- Double Bookings are the result of quoting for a client’s enquiry, or accepting a client’s booking and then selling the same accommodation to another customer. The quote is legally binding (for as long as you make it valid), and therefore you should honor the quote, or booking. The establishment is responsible for resolving the double-booking by providing the client alternative accommodation which is similar or better than the accommodation booked.
3. Cancellation of Bookings
- The establishment’s own cancellation policy will apply in the event of a cancellation of booking by a client.
- Should the Establishment fail to mention their cancellation policy in their listing or formal quotation, the following shall apply:
- Cancellations of 30 days or more from arrival – 100% refund
- Cancellation between 29 – 15 days from date of arrival – 50% of total cost refunded.
- Cancellation of 14 days or less, a no show or early departure – 0% refund.
4. Double Bookings
- In the event that an Establishment accepts more than one booking reservation for the same space of accommodation over the same period of time, and at least one of these reservations is booked through Yoom, the Establishment will be in breach of the Yoom terms and conditions.
- In such an event, the Establishment is required in terms of the contract between Yoom and the Establishment to offer suitable alternative accommodation to the client. The aforesaid contract between Yoom and the accommodation establishment stipulates that the relevant accommodation establishment shall be liable for a severe penalty where it accepts more than one booking reservation for the same space of accommodation over the same period of time. These penalties are significant enough to ensure that such breach of contract by accommodation establishments does not occur regularly.
5. Payment options accepted
Payment may be made via Visa or MasterCard credit cards, Bitcoin, Instant Eft, Mobicred, Masterpass & Debit cards
6. Credit card acquiring and security
Save as otherwise provided for in these terms and conditions, the rules, processes and procedures of PayFast (Pty) Ltd and the relevant paying bank, clearing bank and card association shall apply to all payments and transactions concluded on this website and your rights and obligations in respect of payments due to or by you shall be governed accordingly. We take all possible measures to ensure that payment with a credit card on the Yoom website is secure. The primary measures taken to ensure this security are as follows:
- Credit card transactions will be acquired for Yoom via PayFast (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for Standard Bank of South Africa.
- We do not store any credit card details on our system. We simply forward the credit card details to PayFast (Pty) Ltd who authorize the transaction, without storing them in our system. For more detail on PayFast refer www.payfast.co.za
- Yoom and PayFast (Pty) Ltd use the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3). No credit card details will ever be sent via unsecure methods such as email. Please www.payfast.co.za view their security certificate and security policy.
- In the event that you suffer loss, damage or liability notwithstanding Yoom adhering to the above primary measures, you hereby indemnify and hold Yoom harmless for any loss, damage or liability of whatsoever nature arising from payments and transactions concluded on this website.
7. Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction Currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
8. Applicable laws
This website and Yoom are governed by the laws of South Africa. and Yoom chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes in terms of these terms, whether in respect of service of court documents, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, as 22 Thomas Road, Kenilworth, 7708.
- Yoom reserves the right to de-list any Establishment for non compliance with the Yoom terms and conditions, or for any reason which may result in a poor customer experience. These reasons include, but are not limited to: Repeated double-bookings, failure to update establishment information on request, repeated failure to respond to enquiries within 24 hours or misrepresentation of the standard / nature of the establishment and services offered.
- Yoom does not perform site inspections of all the Establishments listed on Yoom.
- Every effort is made to ensure that the information displayed on the Yoom is accurate and current. All material and information supplied by the various Establishments is used by Yoom on the basis that they own the rights to the said material.
- Yoom will not be held responsible for the accuracy of any information provided by the individual establishments and advertisers and hereby disclaim all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense however caused that may arise from the use of or reliance upon, in any manner, the information provided through this service and this website. Yoom and does not warrant the truth, accuracy or completeness of the information provided by its advertisers or establishments.
- Yoom accepts no liability for changes, omissions or delays before or during the course of the stay occasioned by technical difficulties, weather conditions, strikes, unrest, war, communication breakdowns and / or events beyond the control of Yoom.
- Yoom reserves the right to revise the terms and conditions of Yoom.
- The Establishment and suppliers agree to indemnify and hold Yoom, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees, harmless from any claim, demand, or damage, including attorneys fees, asserted by any client and/or related third party due to or arising out of misconduct, non-performance, negligence, errors or ommissions or any other violation of the client and/or third party’s rights caused by the establishment and its employees.
- The Establishment agrees to indemnify Yoom against any liability, expense, claim or loss that results from any claims arising out of online publication and display of any listing on the Yoom website.
- Yoom respects the privacy of our clients and suppliers / Establishments and is commited to protecting it. All personal information supplied to us will be treated confidentially and under no circumstance will be shared or distrubuted to a 3rd party.